Comics, movies, celebrities, monkeys, zombies, pirates, ninjas, robots, science, and so forth.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Monkey Nazis--The Primate Platoon!

So as you could see from my HeroClix team (posted yesterday) I have a thing for comic book monkeys. I love them. A lot. And they get bonus points if they talk, drive a car or wear pants.

Its logical, then, that DC Comics would be my company of choice. They have all the best monkeys, and most of them talk. Mallah, Detective Chimp, Ultrahumanite, Congogorilla, Giganto, Grodd (he's from an entire city FULL of talking apes!), and so on and so forth.

Then yesterday, on someone else's blog, I found this little slice of awesome.



Brilliant.

What's worse than an angry monkey? An angry monkey with a gun. What's more evil than that? A NAZI monkey with a gun.

Whoo-boy. I haven't read this issue, but to my mind the only thing that can stop this army of charging Ratzi-Apes is a three-way team up of Ghost Tank, Viking Commando and GI Robot.

Ahhhh, DC comics. I love you.

As I was geeking out to the sheer brilliance of a monkey in a nazi uniform, my buddy Mike pointed out something I had missed:

Why would that one monkey use a wooden club, when all other monkeys are
using guns and grenades?

... that's just absurd.


Absurd, indeed, Mike. Magnificently absurd.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ragnell said...

Monkey Nazis!?

And here I thought they'd hit the top with the Nazi Dinosaurs!

What's next? Nazi Penguins?

Nazi Penguins with razor sharp teeth...

Man-eating Nazi Penguins with razor sharp teeth...

Man-eating yellow Nazi Penguins with razor-sharp teeth from outer Spaaaace!

*Sighs happily*

4:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why would that one monkey use a wooden club, when all other monkeys are using guns and grenades?

because he likes a more hands-on approach?

I had that one as a kid.... I'll have to check my boxes and see if it survived the flood of '96.

- housepig

8:32 AM

 
Blogger jamawalk said...

i've seen ZOMBIE penquins.

does that count?

do i get extra points if its post-crisis? cause it is.

6:37 AM

 
Blogger Captain Infinity said...

Why would that one monkey use a wooden club, when all other monkeys are using guns and grenades?

Because guns and grenades are for wimps. He wants to mess you up primate style!

2:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, they aren't Nazi's. I have owned Weird War 89 since it came out. They were part of some crazy Nazi plan to train gorillas to be soldiers. (Which might have even happened if you believe the History Channel!)
But, thank God, they turn on their Nazi masters and wind up heroes. Monkeys so rule! One of my all time favorite books.

5:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home