Comics, movies, celebrities, monkeys, zombies, pirates, ninjas, robots, science, and so forth.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Infinite Crisis Aftermath: I Am An Idiot

I went to the comicbook store yesterday all set to buy a copy of this:

But, as I am an idiot, I walked out the door with a copy of this:

See, they had to piles on the racks, one had the awesome George Perez cover and the other had the merely passable Jim Lee cover. Not wanting to buy the first comic on the stack (its been pawed through by children, afterall) I grabbed one from the middle of what I thought was a pile of Perez-y goodness.

Well, It wasn't all Perez in that pile. I stuck it in my pile and paid and left and halfway down the road I realized, to my horror, that I'd purchased the cover by Lee.

Granted, Its the best cover Lee's done for the seven-issue mini, but it can't touch Perez. And even though Lee does have G'nort on the cover, front and center, Perez gave us a close up of Black Manta getting socked in the puss by Batman and Wonderwoman about to bodyslam a monkey.

Dammit! I've been kicking myself since I realized. I'll be kicking myself for a while. At least until I break down and do something I thought I'd never do: buy a second copy of a comic I already have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home